Friday, April 17, 2009

Lemons.

When Life hands you lemons, do something stupid to afford it the opportunity to supply your growing lemon collection.

I might be pregnant. Actually it's more of a probably situation. Clearly it's Buck's. And things with him are bad enough. I keep telling my heart to stop beating so fast when I see him, but it won't listen. And when I hear his voice and my ears perk up, I scold them too. It's so frustrating for the brain to have no power over the rest of the body. I wouldn't have started this whole thing if it did. I knew he was bad for me. I knew all along that I liked him as more than a friend.

If I tell him, will he cut me off or be a bigger part of my life? It may seem stupid, but my actions will dependent on the anticipated reaction.

Then there is the possibility that my period is just...an entire week late. I have things coming up that I can't miss out on because I'm pregnant. Seriously. I have things to lift and roller coasters to ride. If I choose not to take a test and I am pregnant, the baby will most likely die. Is that abortion? Because after all, I didn't know I was pregnant. It just kills me that I typed 'baby' and 'die' in the same sentence.

It's so ironic that I have shaped my life so that I move and leave just often enough that I am never left alone, but also enough that I never have to commit. I guess Life thought my idea of lemons was insufficient and instead supplied me with the exact ones I've been running away from. Irony is bitter.